Dear Twin Rivers Families,
In response to the rapidly evolving events surrounding COVID-19, Twin Rivers Charter School and Northwest Youth Corps want our families to know that we are taking this situation seriously. We have established an organizational Covid-19 Task Force which meets multiple times per week, in order to review key public health guidance (including the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and state and local health departments), we remain in contact with the larger school districts and we are working to implement best practices to keep students and staff safe while we continue to implement our mission.
In order to keep the school as clean as possible, we are advising that students and staff:
· Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. THIS IS YOUR BEST DEFENSE! If soap and water are not available on an occasional basis, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick. CDC recommends a minimum of 6 feet separation.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
· Educate yourself about COVID-19, its symptoms, and the potential health concerns associated with any travel at this time.
· Stay home when you feel sick and please keep students home if they are exhibiting any symptoms including a cough and a fever.
If you are concerned about COVID-19 situation specific to the area you are working/living in; have any concerns about having students here at school or traveling camping in the coming months or have updates for us regarding agency decisions/protocols, please CALL us! (541-349-7511)
As we continue monitoring the situation closely. If conditions escalate and threaten student or staff health we will make specific recommendations that may include mandatory closure of the schools. We are currently exploring a number of possibilities to ensure that students are able to make up all days missed during a potential closure. If this becomes necessary we will get information out as quickly as possible.
Again, please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns, Jay can be reached at (541)349-7511 and Mary at (541)349-7518
Principal, Twin River Charter School