Jay Breslow, Principal– Born in Bend, Oregon, Jay grew up in New Jersey and spent his formative years in Hillsboro, Oregon. He earned a doctorate in Education Studies in 2015 with a focus on teacher education, creativity and social justice. Jay strives to be a skilled facilitator, specifically in designing discussions to help schools create successful pathways for student graduation. In other words, Jay is a great guy, an eager listener, and wants to help TRCS students and staff meet their highest potential. Say “hi” when you see him at the school.
Penny Studt, Language Arts Teacher – A teacher, a reader, a dreamer and a poet. Studt has more than 12 years of teaching experience with equal exposure in facilitating groups in the outdoors. Her roots were founded in Alternative Education, and her teaching habits are significantly dominated by this experience. Her passion is education and engaging students in recreational opportunities.
Kristin Humphrey, Science Teacher
– Born and raised in Kentucky, Kristin, her husband and three daughters moved to Eugene in 2017. Kristin holds certification in Middle School Science, High School Biology and Special Education P-12. Her favorite past time is spending time with her family exploring the beauty of Oregon. Kristin has been teaching since 2008 and started teaching at Twin Rivers in 2017, she enjoys working with the awesome students that attend the Twin Rivers school.
Dan Rousseau, Garden Coordinator
– Dan was born and raised in the South Puget Sound region of western Washington where he learned to love tromping through the woods on rainy days. He then traveled across the country to western North Carolina, earning a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology and Environmental Science from Warren Wilson College in the process. He has roamed all over the country, working as an environmental educator and wildlife technician in the Pacific Northwest and along the Gulf Coast and seeing the sights everywhere in between. When Dan isn’t teaching, he is still tromping through the woods on rainy days, playing music, and cooking delicious food.
Chey Kremer, Outdoor Educator/Youth Development Specialist
– Chey grew up in Riddle, Oregon, a small town south of Eugene that doesn’t have a stop light. Chey is a first generation college graduate and went to college at Oregon State University where she got her degree in Kinesiology. Chey is a proud mom of her 11 year old chocolate lab named Babe.
Matt Alcalà, Outdoor Educator/Youth Development Specialist
– Product of Whittier, California and the Los Angeles-area, Matt studied Politics and Economics at Willamette University in Salem, Oregon with an emphasis on social and restorative justice in the domestic and international spheres. He spends free time discovering art,
cooking, and exploring via bike and good ol’ walking. Matt dreams of traveling through the Andes and Patagonia regions of South America with the hopes of visiting the Galápagos Islands and penguins in Antarctica.
Davis Ippolito, Outdoor Educator/Youth Development Specialist
– Originally from Smithfield, VA and graduate of Ferrum College with a degree in Environmental Studies. In the recent past he has worked as a baker, Christmas tree harvester, crew member for the Montana Conservation Corps, and a wildland firefighter. He enjoys long bike rides, climbing rocks, and a good sit.
Our 2019-2020 AmeriCorps staff positions are currently filled. We will begin recruitment for next school year in Spring of 2020.
These challenging and rewarding placements offer excellent experience working with youth in the classroom and out in the field. If you’re interested in what you see in the position descriptions below, submit a resume and cover letter for us to keep on file, or check back in the Spring!
Outdoor Educator / Youth Development Specialist
Outdoor Educator / Youth Development Specialist: Culinary & Nutrition Coordinator
Outdoor Educator / Youth Development Specialist: Field Coordinator
Outdoor Educator / Youth Development Specialist: Special Events Coordinator